McDonald's Education Workshop
At Aloha Tower
THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS & PARENTS
Thinking about college? In an ever-changing world where technology is impacting the way we live, the value of a college degree may seem uncertain, but data still shows that the more you learn, the more you earn. Did you know? The average college graduate earns at least $30,000 more per year than those with just a high school degree. Learn how to chart your path to higher education and get the latest info on today’s college landscape.
About this free event
This free all-day event features expert panels and guest speakers from industry and the world of work, information booths on post-high employment and education opportunities, local university and college representatives to share what’s new and exciting at their campuses, and special celebrity guest presenters to share the stories of their post-high journeys.
Topics covered include:
- College Opportunities: Hear directly from Hawai’i’s major institutions about exciting and unique opportunities available at our local colleges, as well as additional things to consider when applying to schools.
- The Importance of STEM: Learn how Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) related focuses can impact your future from a variety of experts in the STEM industries.
- College Prep: Plan for your post-high journey by learning about the college application process, what to expect with financial aid versus scholarships, understanding pros and cons of certification vs degree programs, and more.
- Future Skillsets: Gain insight into the skillsets needed in today’s changing world of work from innovation and education experts.
- FREE Lunch: Enjoy a break in the day with lunch from McDonald’s and chat with fellow parents, high school students, and educators.
- Interactive Booths: Come talk story with colleges and education experts at their booths. Great chance to directly speak with experts and have your questions about your higher education journey answered.
- Plus lots more!
ANNOUNCING "WORTH IT" CREATOR AND HOST: STEVEN LIM!
XLR8HI and Clique-Now are excited to announce the special appearance of Steven Lim, creator and host of the hit show “Worth It“. Currently in its 6th season on Buzzfeed, Worth It has become one of the most watched shows on YouTube, generating 740+ million video views to date! RSVP to the 2019 McDonald’s Education Workshop to come learn more about his post-high journey to becoming an online influencer!
ANNOUNCING "SMOSH GAMES" FOUNDER:
We are pleased to announce a special guest appearance by the one and only Mari Takahashi! Mari is a Japanese-American digital content creator and former professional ballerina. She is a founding member, host, and executive producer of the YouTube channel Smosh Games (7MM subs, 2.5B views) and has amassed over 1.5M followers across her personal social media channels. Mari has been featured in Millennial Magazine, Forbes, MTV, Fortune, and Business Insider. She was named a Top Gaming Influencer by Forbes in 2017. Her television credits include: Disney XD, Home and Family, and CBS’ Survivor.
ANNOUNCING THE KEYNOTE SPEAKER:
XLR8HI and Clique-Now are excited to announce a special keynote speech by Pono Shim! Pono Shim is a gifted storyteller who is known for using illustrations to connect with his audiences. Pono believes that the majority of social issues facing individuals, organizations, local, national and international communities are symptoms of deeper problems that can and must be addressed today. In 2009, he was asked to take over the leadership of Enterprise Honolulu (now the Oahu Economic Development Board). At the time, the organization was in serious financial distress and had lost favor with the local community. Pono has deployed techniques of transforming the organization’s culture, collectively known as ADHOC (Aloha Defines Hawaii’s Organizational Culture). Today, the organization is financially stable and considered an influential leadership hub in the state. Pono considers his exposure to Hawaii leadership philosophies as a child to be the backbone to his ideas, actions and words.
Who is this for?
- High School Students
XLR8HI is an entrepreneurial development organization working to help people create and grow viable businesses in Hawaii.
Clique-Now is a talent management company specializing in project management.
At Education Incubator, we close the gap between when we teach and learn and when we change the world for better.
THE EVENT HAS ENDED
Hawaii's Entrepreneurship Center
What is xlr8hi?
We are Hawaii’s Entrepreneurship Center, a member network of builders, dreamers, and doers. More than an organization, we are a community movement that brings together people and opportunities to drive entrepreneurship forward. We provide interactive workshops designed to accelerate your entrepreneurial mindset, while our community events connect you with fellow entrepreneurs and bring you thought-provoking insights from a rotating lineup of innovation experts. Help build Hawaii’s entrepreneurship community — JOIN TODAY!
KEEP ME POSTED!
Join our mailing list to receive updates about this workshop, and be the first to register. Plus, hear about all of the upcoming startup events, tech meetups, and entrepreneurial workshops in Hawaii.